A wallet, to men, is a necessity – it may not be on the same level of importance as a purse is to women, but a wallet is still considered as a necessity. It’s largely to the fact that, to women, a purse holds more meaning than a wallet to men – a purse is more of an accessory or a fashion statement, if you would call it that, while a wallet is considered as an item of convenience.
The stark contrast between the two shows the primary reason why men do not need five different wallets; if it holds their cash and cards, it does the job and that is all that matters to them. Often, this leads in men having the same wallet for years on end and sometimes, they do not even realize an upgrade is way long overdue! If you are guilty of carrying an aged, albeit not too well, wallet – it’s time to give it up and get a new one.
Remember, while you do not treat your wallet as a fashion statement, a gentleman’s wallet has to be presentable as much as it is functional. Take a look at these best wallets for men recommendation, from classy to casual, we have it all.
Bellroy Note Sleeve Leather Wallet
This luxurious wallet is a perfect choice for men who love minimalist wallet yet still need a good enough space to conveniently their belongings. Weighing just 1.4 ounces and measuring at just about 3.3” wide and 4” tall, it’s a wonder this slim wallet can fit so much. Focusing on design and functionality, the wallet comes with:
- Huge cash compartment
- Four slots that can easily fit 12 cards
- Coin pouch
Made of a top grain leather, this wallet comes with various colors that are equally beautiful, such as Arctic Blue, and Java Brown. Below is a list of pros and cons of the Bellroy Note.
- Comes with 3 year warranty, extremely durable.
- Some of the card openings are not wide enough.
Priced at $89, Bellroy Note Sleeve Leather Wallet is rather on the pricey side, but it’s very well-worth it given the design and advantages.
Distil Union Wally Bifold
For men who are into a good quality front pocket leather wallet, Distil Union Wally Bifold is one of the best out there. It’s well-built and it comes with various useful features as follows:
- A patent pending pocket technology called FlexLock, you no longer have to worry about your cards slipping out.
- An adjustable money clip to secure your money.
- A pull-tab that makes it easy for you to take out your credit cards in times of need.
With features and high quality material, the wallet is surprisingly quite affordable, priced at $59, the wallet is proven to be a winner.
- Holds up to 25 cards and 30 bills, compact and slim design, comes with 1 year warranty, sturdy.
- The quality of material is a bit questionable as if you’re not careful, it tends to wear out in a short period of time.
Radix One Slim Wallet (Black)
Men are simple creatures, they only bring what they need to avoid things getting too cumbersome. This means, sometimes, some of them don’t even bring cash. Just grab their cards – whether it be credit or debit – and they are good to go. Radix One Slim Wallet is specifically designed to cater to this type of men.
- It has a sophisticated design
- Made of poly-carbonate parts with silicone band to ensure safety.
Calling it a wallet is actually a bit misleading as it comes in the form of money clip, so that’s one thing that customers should have in mind before purchasing to avoid disappointment.
- Ultra-thin and compact yet can conveniently hold up to 10 cards as well as a few folded bills between the silicone band; it’s also extremely durable and cheap.
- Not as secure if you only fit in four cards or less.
Secrid Wallet Genuine Leather
Primarily a card user but cannot bring yourself to use money clip? The next in our best wallets for men recommendation, Secrid Wallet, is the answer. It’s a beautifully designed and crafted wallet that is not only aesthetically pleasing, but also functional, just check out the features:
- A great vintage design with genuine leather and premium aluminium accent.
- Compact, with product measurement as follows: 3.8” x 2.6” x 0.6” and 44mm flat.
- RFID protection
Not only does this wallet functional, it is also incredibly safe and despite of its compact design and tiny size, it works much better than a money clip as it can also store enough bills.
- 1 year warranty, high quality materials, compact, secured with RFID protection to help you prevent your cards or ID being stolen, anti-slip as you need a click to take your cards out, fit up to 12 cards, durable.
- The leather easily stains and scratched.
Leopardd RFID Blocking Leather Wallet
Whether you are a globe-trotter or just an avid traveler, you will absolutely benefit from having this Leopardd RFID Blocking wallet in your arsenal. The fact that your cards, from credit/debit cards to passport and even driver license, are made with chips called Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) should make you feel vulnerable of identity theft. Not if you own this wallet though!
- Features the highest RFID protection technology.
- Made of high quality genuine leather
- Spacious despite the slim design and size
It’s no wonder this wallet has become the best selling item! Below is a list of the pros and cons to help you consider if it’s for you.
- Compact and slim with measurement at only 4.4”x3.3”, comes with 9 card slots and 1 spacious cash compartment, durable, best RFID protection.
- Careful when you take out your cards, as it is prone to breaking apart.
As someone who still relies quite heavily on cash rather than cards, I personally go for any wallet with generous space for cash while at the same time, can still conveniently fit in all my cards without it bulging and breaking my cards in the end.
Out of these five best wallets for men recommendations, I have to admit that I’m torn between Leopards RFID Leather Wallet and Bellroy Note Sleeve Leather Wallet. They both have great designs and spacious, but after weighing my options I’d honestly go for Leopardd because it has a great RFID technology, and I strongly advise you to purchase it if you care about security as much as great design and functionality.